General Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms & conditions before purchasing any courses. These terms and conditions are subject to variation without prior consent or warning from Down in The Woods Ltd and consequently should be read at the time of booking. These terms & conditions form the basis of the contract between Down in The Woods Ltd. and the client (this includes the person signing the booking form if they are the client attending the course or of a legally recognised agent of the client for and on their behalf) these Terms and Conditions cannot be varied, unless in writing by Down in the Woods Ltd.
By placing an online order with Down in The Woods Ltd the client verifies that the client is over 18 years of age or as above a recognized agent of the client. Throughout this document, courses refers to courses being sold through the website. Please note there are further terms and conditions relating to courses for example course sales, conduct of participants etc., and these are outlined in a separate document Codes of Practice and Child Protection Policy.
Description and Price of Courses
- All descriptions and prices for items are correct and applicable at the point of sale. Down in The Woods Ltd retains the right to change descriptions and prices as required.
- All photographs and descriptions of items are designed to show a true representation of the course. They however do not form part of the contract between Down in The Woods Ltd and the client.
- All courses are sold subject to availability. Any courses sold that are not available will entitle the client to a full refund within 14 working days, (although we would aspire to refund you immediately subject to security checks).
- There is no contract between Down in The Woods Ltd and the client until Down in The Woods Ltd has received your order and you have received a confirmation email back to the address you provide.
- Down in The Woods Ltd reserves the right to not accept orders from individuals or companies without further explanation.
- Down in The Woods Ltd, its employees and other agents shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special or consequential loss or damage including loss of profit or any other form of compensation.
- Down in The Woods reserves the right to change these terms of sale without notice to you in relation to future sales, all changes will be made available for clients and potential clients to see on this website under the terms and conditions section.
- If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase Down in The Woods Ltd will provide a credit note to the value of the course that has a valid period of 12 months from the date of provision, this may be exchanged for the same course at another time or towards an alternative course.
- Please note these course terms and conditions are in addition to the terms and conditions outlined above.
- The course terms and conditions continue to form the basis of the contract between Down in The Woods Ltd and the client.
- Course participants must be over 18 years of age or accompanied by an adult and agreed with Down in The Woods Ltd. The only exception to this rule is the attendance of the Duke of Edinburgh’s residential Bushcraft Course.
- Participants must have a good standard of general fitness and be aware that the courses are held out of doors in a woodland environment in all weather conditions.
- If the participant at the time of booking does not disclose a medical condition that they have that may prevent them from joining in the course fully or prevents them from fulfilling the requirements of the course clause 6 below will apply.
- Down in The Woods Ltd. cannot be held responsible for any losses incurred as a result of failure of clients to disclose medical conditions.
Booking and Payment
- Booking will be confirmed on receipt of a booking form signed by the client or the legally recognized agent of the client for and on their behalf with full payment (if course begins within 8 weeks), or a deposit of 50% of the full course fee.
- All payments must be cleared before booking is confirmed, and the course must be paid for in full 8 weeks prior to the start date of the course.
- Down in The Woods Ltd. reserves the right to refuse any booking without giving a reason.
- In relation to a group booking a non-refundable deposit will be taken appropriate to group size to secure your booking.
- A contract is entered into with the person who is attending the course upon confirmation of the booking from Down in The Woods, Ltd and clearance of the required payment. This booking is non transferable and charges will apply as outlined below if cancelled. Courses may not be re-sold or transferred to others in any manner.
Cancellation by Client
- If the client cancels for any reason between 16 and 12 weeks before the start of the course 50% of the course fees will be retained by Down in The Woods Ltd.
- If the client cancels for any reason between 12 and 8 weeks before the start of the course 75% of the course fees will be retained by Down in The Woods Ltd.
- If the client cancels for any reason after 8 weeks before the start of the course 100% of the course fees will be retained by Down in The Woods Ltd.
- If the client does not pay the balance of the course fee within 8 weeks of the start date of the course, Down in The Woods Ltd. will consider the client to have cancelled.
Cancellation and Alterations by Down in the Woods Ltd
- Down in The Woods Ltd. will make every effort to run the courses as scheduled there may be circumstances (e.g. extreme weather conditions) when we are forced to cancel a course due to participant’s safety. In these circumstances, a credit note will be given, or an alternative date will be offered, if the alternative date is accepted the deposit will not be refunded.
- The Client agrees that any photographs taken by the Instructors during the course may be used by Down in The Woods Ltd. in promotional material, either printed, electronically or via any form of digital media or social media.
It is the policy of DITW for the payment of invoices from contractors to be made on a 30 days term from the date of first receipt. These are the same terms as usual Business to Business payments. There may be times when the invoice is paid sooner but this will be at DITW discretion.